This is the Serpent S411 Team Edition 1/10 Competition Touring Car Kit. Based of the highly successful S411, the Team Edition S411 features an ultra low center of gravity, optimized weight distribution, high performance geometry and top quality materials throughout - the S411 Team Edition should see you at the top of the podium. Everything associated with this car is of the highest quality, from the packaging and supplied manuals, right through to the product and race support.
What makes this a Team Edition: New RCM shocks (with membrane), top-deck flex 2mm, carbon LiPo holders, improved gear differential with new gears and new shafts, larger foam front bumper, longer rear anti-roll bar to use alternative link position on lower arm, aluminum ball raced steering plate with adjustable ackermann, spur-gear included, thicker & stiffer body posts and an updated manual booklet.
In Depth Features:
- Ball Bearings: The S411 is supplied with high-quality lightweight bearings throughout, making the drive train very efficient and allowing it to run very smoothly.
- Bumper: The front bumper has been made from a high impact absorbing foam material and is shaped to protect the entire front end of the car in the event of a crash. The bumper is held in place with a large top-plate. The lower plate can be cut to the desired size and shape.
- Steering Assembly: The Serpent S411 utilizes a centrally mounted ball raced dual pivot steering assembly-rack in aluminum. The steering assembly allows for very precise steering and great control. The ackermann is adjustable by using shims.
- Suspension Brackets: For adjusting the cars toe-in and track-width, the S411 is equipped with separately mounted suspension brackets on both the front and rear of the car. Each bracket features an easily recognizable number that corresponds to the setting being used and due to the way they are mounted allows the user to easily and accurately adjust their cars settings. The brackets are designed such way that they can be used in any position in the car.
- CVD's Spring-Steel: This car is supplied with a complete set of 4 high quality hard coated spring-steel CVD shafts, which are a highly consistent, efficient and durable way to transfer all the power the surface.
- Chassis: The very narrow chassis plate has been machined from a plate of 2.25mm thick carbon fiber, which creates a perfect platform for the cars electronics as well as stiff structure, especially when combined with the flex type 2.0mm thick carbon fiber top deck. All holes in the base of the chassis have been countersunk while on the top of the plate, the area around the motor has been milled down to allow it to sit as low as possible. The chassis further features extra holes to mount weights and narrow slits to guide the battery-tape.
- Battery-Stays: The battery pack is kept in place by two mounts on the center line of the car, and two special nylon mounts with slits to mount the glass-tape. The mounts can be reverted to move the battery more forward or backwards. Below these these the carbon LiPo holders are mounted.
- Belts-Drivetrain:The S411 features a 2-belt configuration with a long front and a short rear Kevlar reinforced belt that when combined with precision molded gears, makes for a super smooth and free drive train.
- Shock Towers: The Serpent S411 features 2.5mm thick carbon fiber shock towers on the front and rear of the car. Each tower sports many holes for adjustment of the shock absorber angle while the rear tower also acts as the mount for the rear body posts and the front tower accommodates a 3rd front body post.
- Spool: The car comes supplied with a front spool which has been made from hard anodized aluminum while its shape has been optimized to ensure that the part is as light as possible without compromising strength. The drive is provided through the attached pulley into the lightened steel drive cups, which are held in place using steel pins.
- Anti-Roll Bars: The S411 is supplied with coded anti-roll bars front and rear with aluminum centering bracket. The anti-roll bars are available in a number of thicknesses and are connected to the wishbones using short adjustable track rods, connected with a pivot ball to the lower wishbones. The anti-roll bars run in small nylon inserts in the right size same as the anti-roll bar, and the anti-roll bar is centered through one captured center bushing.
- C-Hub Front: A standard system on all high-end touring cars, the S411 features a front C-hub system, which is a lighter alternative to a pivot ball steering system. The car comes standard with a 4-degree caster block but is also supplied with a pair of 2 and 6-degree blocks. The C-hub is large enough to take out the drive-shaft assembly without disassembling the c-hubs.
- Front & Rear Suspension: Similar to the rear suspension in configuration, the front suspension sports a lower composite wishbone while the upper camber adjustment is handled using a track rod which is solid, lightweight and can easily handle impacts.
- Gear Differential v2: The S411 comes supplied with a lightweight and smooth rear gear-differential. This super small differential can handle all the power of BL motors. A gear-differential can also be used on the front. The v2 one has new internal gears and 3.5mm shafts. *The newly designed ball-differential is optional.
- Rear Section: The rear end of the S411 features strong 1-piece lower wishbones and composite. As with all the wishbones on the car, the lower wishbones can be used on both the left and right sides, minimizing the number of spare parts needed to bring to the track. The rear upright features a pivot pin mounting point on the bottom and 2 upper camber link mounting holes for fine-tuning camber rise.
- Identical: The front and rear end of the Serpent S411 are fully identical and been designed for high performance and ease of maintenance. The rear bearing blocks have been designed in 2 pieces which allows the topside to be simply removed with 4 screws, giving you easy access to the differential for maintenance or adjustment. All the parts have been machined from aluminum and are anodized in gun metal grey.
- Manual/Decal/Set-Up Sheet: To allow you to build your car with the greatest of ease, Serpent supplies a full color instruction manual and integrated reference guide section that contains all the exploded views and latest options. S411 decal sheets and set-up sheet are included too.
- Central Section: The motor bracket is separated fully from the aluminum mid-shaft brackets to isolate motor-vibrations better. The separate machined brackets hold the light aluminum middle shaft/ 19T pulley. The holders feature separate aluminum bearing holders, which give the best possible support to the mid-shaft section.
- RCM Shocks: The new Serpent on road shock absorbers with threaded hard coated shock-bodies, pre-load shock nuts with o-ring, membranes, super smooth and strong shock-rods with nut to hold the piston, perfectly molded pistons ( 1,2,3 and 4 holes in kit), top level o-ring package with machined bushings, light spring-cups and strong ball joints. Main advantage is better response of the shocks under hard sudden impact, e.g. when touching a curb. High quality race-springs included with color coding, ground flat for even load.
Class: 1/10 Scale 190mm Electric Touring Car
Purpose: Racing, Competition Level
Chassis: 2.25mm Carbon Fiber, CNC Machined
Suspension: Front C-Hub Suspension System
Rear Axle: Rear Gear-Differential v2
Front Axle: Front Spool
Drive System: 4WD Through 2 Kevlar Reinforced Timing Belts
Shock Absorbers: RCM Shock Absorbers
Wheel Base: 254mm +/-4mm
Track-Width Front: 190mm /-6mm
Track-Width Rear: 190mm /-6mm
Adjustability: Camber, Caster, Down-Stops, Up-Stops, Toe-In, Track Width & Roll Centers
Needed to Complete:
- Radio System (Transmitter & Receiver)
- Steering Servo
- 1/10 Motor & Compatible Speed Control
- 1/10 TC Tires & Wheels
- 1/10 TC 190mm Body & Polycarbonate Paint
- Battery Pack