This is the HPI WR8 Flux Ford Fiesta Abu Dhabi Castrol 1/8 Scale WRC RTR Electric Rally Car with the TF-40 2.4GHz Radio System. The WR8 Flux has all of the tough drivetrain components of the nitro version; however it's powered by a 4000kV Flux VEKTOR motor and your choice of 2S or 3S LiPo battery for an all-out assault on tarmac stages and time trials. Right out of the box, the WR8 Flux is ready to fly over jumps and blast down the street!
Starting with drivetrain from the Bullet Flux-powered truck, HPI designers had the perfect starting point to make an all redesigned electric rally car. The WR8 Flux keeps the tough bevel gear differentials, 4WD shaft drivetrain and fully ball bearing-supported drivetrain of the Bullet Flux truck, but adds redesigned suspension geometry, thick sway bars, and scale WRC-style tarmac tires and wheels to make it a true rally contender!
In-Depth WR8 Flux Features:
- Authentic WRC Scale Looks and Performance: To make it a complete scale package, HPI body shell designers got to work replicating the 2011 Ford Fiesta RS WRC used by the Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team, the official Ford works rally team. This car saw action all around the world, from New Zealand to Norway, Great Britain to Germany. The shape and decals of this championship contender are absolutely spot-on, and when you add the officially licensed Abu Dhabi/Castrol livery, scale tarmac tires and OZ wheels, it's impossible to distinguish it from the real thing!
- Flux VAPOR Pro Speed Controller: With the capacity to handle 2S and 3S LiPo battery power, the Flux VAPOR Pro electronic speed control is able to handle the latest, most powerful batteries you can fit in the WR8 Flux. The VAPOR Pro features an integrated cooling fan to keep it cool in warm conditions, reverse so you can back out of jams with ease, and for maximum adjustability it's fully programmable with the optional USB Programming Kit (HPI100573).
- Flux VECTOR 4000kV Motor: The Flux VEKTOR 4000 motor delivers massive power - plenty of juice for instant acceleration and enough power to pull out of just about any sideways drift. Option pinion gears are available to fine-tune the speed and torque delivery. The brushless design assures maximum performance with nearly no maintenance required.
- Extended Bullet Chassis with Dirt Guards: The 3mm aluminum chassis is the foundation of a tough and durable racing machine, and features composite braces front and rear, cool silver anodizing and countersunk screws on the bottom for zero interference going over obstacles. The molded dirt guards keep the worst mud and dirt from getting into the chassis and protect the chassis as well.
- High Ground Clearance for Off-Road Rallying: A rally car has to cope with a range of conditions and road types that most cars or SUVs will never see - this is why the ride height is adjustable for off-road and on-road conditions using simple clips on the dampers.
- 2S and 3S LiPo Battery Compatible: Choose the amount of power you put through the WR8 Flux! The Flux Vapor Pro speed controller is able to handle 2S or 3S power, and the adjustable battery tray fits batteries of different sizes, as well as allowing you to make adjustments to the weight distribution!
- High Efficiency Shaft 4WD Drivetrain: The WR8 Flux is equipped with the shaft drivetrain straight out of the Bullet nitro and Flux truck. Three oil-filled gear differentials with bevel gears, a full-time 4WD drivetrain supported by rubber-sealed ball bearings, high-strength steel driveshafts and axles, and much more deliver the power to the ground.
- Waterproof Servo: The extra strong and waterproof SF-10W servo is ideal for bashers and racers looking for a strong and durable servo for absolutely any kind of condition, and it's the perfect fit to handle the steering and throttle/brake duties in the WR8 Rally. The servos are mounted to an orange-anodized aluminum plate for extra durability and control.
- Splash Proof Radio Box: Splash proof receiver box fits the 2.4GHz receiver plus the aerial mount.
- Skidplate Front Bumper: The front bumper protects the front end of the chassis and suspension, and prevents the body from taking too much damage over jumps. A raised skid plate made from tough plastic allows the car to slide over objects in the road, and the high density foam bumper is sandwiched between a high angle skid plate and an upper bumper brace that doubles as a front body mount.
- Redesigned Suspension Geometry: The suspension of the WR8 is entirely redesigned, with durable lower arms to fit the scale size of the Ford Fiesta RS WRC body, solid upper links for simple adjustment and shocks that are the perfect length for off-road use.
- Scale Michelin Tarmac Rally Tires: These tires are true-to-scale Michelin 'N' style tarmac rally tires, replicating the semi-slick patterns used by full-size rally teams! Rally tires must work in a wide range of conditions, and this scale version works great on all types of hard paved surfaces. Of course, you can also fit the HPI replica OZ gravel wheels (HPI107881) and Michelin Latitude Cross S1 gravel tires (HPI107870) from the WR8 3.0 Nitro!
- Front and Rear Sway Bars: Thick front and rear sway bars are fitted for precise handling on all kinds of surfaces.
- Rear Shock Mud Guards: Keeping mud and dirt off the shocks is a key in preventing excessive maintenance time to rebuild the shocks, and the shock guards fitted on the rear suspension arms do a fantastic job in keeping dirt, mud and more off the rear shocks.
- True Scale Ford Fiesta RS WRC Body: Nothing can beat scale realism when you're talking about model cars, and HPI is proud to feature the official vehicle and livery design of the Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team on the WR8 Rally! Every feature of the real car is replicated in perfect scale miniature.
Just like all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your vehicle for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
HPI makes it as easy as possible to get into RC off-road action. The WR8 Flux is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals - differentials, shocks, suspension and more are perfect before you even open the package. HPI Ready-To-Run vehicles bring you the same high performance and quality that you'd expect from a high end RC kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards - giving you a high performance RC vehicle straight from the box!
TF-40 Radio System:
All of the latest HPI kits are now fitted with the comfortable and feature-packed HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system for supreme control and confidence. The latest digital 2.4GHz radio technology allows you to confidently drive your HPI kit with other drivers without worrying about things like frequencies or radio conflicts. The radio features a pistol-grip design with drop-down steering wheel, 3 channel functionality, easy carry handle, fold-down aerial, end point adjustments, servo reversing and steering dual rate. It's also extremely lightweight due to it requiring only four 'AA' batteries. This is a fully-featured, lightweight, 3-channel radio with advanced ergonomic features and total adjustability.
- Digital 2.4GHz technology
- Run your HPI kit with other drivers without worrying about frequencies!
- Adjustable built-in failsafe
- 3 channel
- Drop-down steering wheel design for improved comfort and racer feel
- Servo end point adjustments for steering and throttle
- Servo reversing
- Steering dual rate
- Center trim (steering and throttle)
- Light weight (only 4 AA batteries required)
- Simple switch for legal use in France
Tire Diameter: 80mm
Drivetrain: Full-time shaft 4WD
Needed to Complete:
- (4) "AA" Battery
- Battery pack with Deans connector; 7.4V 2S or 11.1V 3S LiPo, or 7.2V 6 Cell NiMH
- Compatible battery charger