This is the Tekno RC EB48 4WD Competition 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit. Tekno RC is a leader in the 1/8 scale electric buggy class, and without their efforts the class would not be where it is today. They have tested more chassis', spent more time on R&D, and have more experience with 1/8th Electric than any company in RC! Using the knowledge acquired over the years, Tekno has designed and tested their own creation and are now ready to unveil to the world, the EB48 1/8 scale electric buggy. The EB48 includes all the tricks and tweaks Tekno has learned/developed over the years, and its all packed into the tightest, lightest package available in the class.
Weighing in at 7.5 pounds, the EB48 is extremely lightweight when standard 1/8 electronics are used, but running weights well below 7 pounds can be achieved with the use of 1/10 scale electronics and shorty pack batteries! The suspension features an adjustable length rear arm design that allows the car to be tuned to any track condition, while the front suspension has adjustable front arm sweep that can be used to make the car more aggressive or easier to drive. If that wasn't enough, the adjustable CNC machined 7075 aluminum hinge pin braces are included as standard equipment, and will allow you to adjust the suspension geometry to suit any track condition without the need to buy additional option parts. The 16mm big bore shocks are super smooth, and feature a "triple guide" design that provides consistent shaft movement, as well as an innovative cone piston design that provides a variety of compression and rebound rates. Additionally, the EB48 gives you the option of using a standard MOD 1 pinion, the Tekno RC Traktion Drive system, or the Tekno RC Elektri-Clutch, which allows you to use either motor brakes or mechanical brakes. The list of features is almost endless, and to put it simply, the Tekno EB48 is the ultimate 1/8th Electric Buggy and will be taking the class by storm!
NOTE: This kit includes updated outdrives and ackermann plates. Also, a page in the instruction manual has been updated, but this information was not included in the original manual. Click here for amended instructions. Tekno will be updating the future instruction manuals with this important note. Please contact Tekno RC if you have any questions.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up - no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis - widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low CG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier, but the battery tray can accommodate two 2S packs.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- Differentials & Drivetrain:
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 5mm CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- Innovative cone piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
- Suspension & Steering:
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side - less parts in your toolbox.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost '0 steering slop'.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Front/rear sway bars are the same length = less parts in your toolbox.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- Motor Mount:
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- Other Features:
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box..
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- 7.5lb RTR weight with common electronics and options.
- Sub-7lb running weight easily achievable
Length: 435mm (without wing)
Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
Weight: 3400g (7.5lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 600g battery, rx, etc)
Diff Ratio: F/R - 10/40t, Center - 44t
Battery Tray Dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2S or 1x4S config)
Needed to Complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 Scale ESC and motor
- High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
- Pinion Gear, Traktion Drive, or Elektri-Clutch system
- 4S-6S LiPo battery
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools