This is the Hot Bodies D8T 1/8 Off Road Competition Truggy Kit. Building on the tremendous success and the strong foundation of the D8, we created the D8T! If winning races is why you race, then this is the truggy for you. Designed with optimal weight distribution and a low center of gravity in mind we have put together a super stable and easy to drive truck that will get you to the winners circle without breaking your piggy bank. Start throwing down some consistently fast lap times with a D8T of your own!
The D8T starts with a brand new extended chassis machined from solid 4mm thick 7075 aluminum, with 10 degrees of front kick-up. The chassis plate has angled sides for extreme stiffness front-to-rear, giving you a solid platform for race tuning. The longer chassis allowed HB lead off-road designer Josh Alton to move the engine nearly to the centre of the chassis, with the weight of the battery pack up front between the servos. Stand-up servo mounting points allow the weight of modern metal-gear servos to sit as close to the middle and front of the car as possible. With the receiver sealed away at the rear, the weight-forward design lets the D8T have better chassis balance than other truggy designs.
Strong composite chassis braces provide stiff bracing with minimal weight, while the chassis is machined for lightness under the servos and engine. The one-piece radio tray from the D8 is used in the D8T for easy clean-up and maintenance.
16mm Big Bore shocks with threaded shock bodies are used to keep the tires on the ground and you in control. These are connected to extra-long solid suspension arms to let you go right over bumps and ruts in the racing surface with the same already-legendary stability of the the World Champion D8 buggy!
The D8T uses extra heavy-duty spiral-cut 'worm gear' diffs to get the power from the driveshafts to the wheels. Six steel universal dogbones are used for the centre driveshafts and at each corner to get the power from the middle diff to front and rear diffs, and also from the diffs to the wheels. The dual fibre disc brakes can be adjusted separately front and rear using the unique linkage that brings the adjustment linkage of both brakes above the middle block deck.
The 150cc fuel tank is large enough to keep you running longer than the rest, so you don't have to stop for fuel as often. With a handy 'clunk' inside, the engine will continue running even when you're on your lid! A complete set of rubber-sealed ball bearings keeps everything spinning smoothly through the nastiest muck. 17mm hex adapters are used to allow any truggy wheels to fit, and new HB tall truggy wheels are included in the kit.
- Forget about pesky E-clips, the suspension system on the D8T was designed using button head screws to secure all hingepins for the ultimate in ease of maintenance and reliability.
- The new slammed look of the filter not only looks pro, but provides a larger surface area for your engine to breath through.
- The one piece design allows you to set the gear mesh once and not worry about adjustments during maintenance.
- The one piece tray allows for easy maintenance as it can be removed in one section when you need to clean the dirt off your ride.
- Utilizing 1/5th scale technology the D8T implements a new clunk design which will use every drop of fuel whether you're racing to the line, or upside down waiting for a marshal.
- The staunch 4mm 7075 Aluminum chassis is designed to withstand any barrage of obstacles on today's mammoth outdoor tracks.
- The Super-sized shock package is the largest in its class allowing the D8T to recover from the roughest of landings.
- Grab a larger piece of turf with the D8T's Maxed out wheel dimensions.
- The largest wheels allowed under ROAR rules, these puppies will put more of your tread on the ground so you can put more of your rivals behind you.
- Optimized Suspension Geometry to attack the rigors of the new age 1/8th scale tracks.
- Centralized Weight Distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility.
Items Needed for Completion:
- .21-.28 Off Road Nitro Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2 Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering & Brake Servo's (2)
- Receiver Battery
- Glow Driver
- Starter Box & Batteries
- Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Paint for Body
- Charger for Receiver Pack & Starter Box Batteries
- Tires & Tire Glue
- Tools for Assembly