This is the Team Durango DESC210R 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit. The DESC210R uses many of the ground breaking features introduced on the DEX210 buggy. It includes the option to run mid or rear motor, a 3 or 4 gear transmission layout, as well as the ability to position the motor on the right or left side of the chassis, an option never before seen on a Short Course Truck! Team Durango is taking Short Course Truck racing to the next level.
The DESC210R is unique. The 'Hybrid technology' gearbox design has a patent application (No: 2 486 513), and allows you, the racer, to choose if you want the motor to be in rear- or mid-motor position. Not only that, you can decide whether you want the motor to be on the left- or right-hand side of the car. All of these configuration options can be used with the same gearbox unit, without the need to alter the suspension geometry. This ability, to tune the weight distribution and torque orientation of the motor, without changing your suspension set-up, is what makes the DESC210R arguably the most tuneable, yet user-friendly pro electric off road Short Course Truck kit available.
Big Bore Shocks
- Classic Layouts:
- RM3: Rear motor layout, with 3-gears (one idler gear) Suited to: - Low Traction / Dirt
- MM4: Mid motor layout, with 4-gears (two idler gears) Suited to: - High Traction
- Alternative Layouts:
- RM4: Rear motor layout, with 4-gears (two idler gears) Suited to: - Very Low Traction / Dirt
- MM3: Mid motor layout, with 3-gears (one idler gear) Suited to: - Very High Traction
The DESC210R includes Team Durango's 'Fat Shock' Big Bore shock absorbers. Race proven on the '2012 Reedy Invitational' winning DEX210 buggy, these Big Bore shocks keep the DESC210R nimble and planted. With a full range of optional Big Bore springs available, the DESC210R can be fine-tuned for any track and any condition. A full range of pistons are included in the kit - Durango even includes blank pistons so you can drill your own for the ultimate in shock tuning!
Injection Molded Engineering Composite Chassis
A first for Team Durango kits, the DESC210R makes use of the 'Team Durango Injection Molded Engineering Composite' Chassis. Manufactured to precise specifications, the flex and strength offered by the DESC210R's chassis makes it forgiving and fast. With the addition of adjustable battery position you can also balance the chassis out for perfect weight distribution on any track.
Caster & Rear Toe Inserts
Getting the setup options you want without expensive optional parts is what the DESC210R is all about. Using specially designed inserts to change rear toe-in and front caster. The axle spins on bearings seated in the hubs which allows the same wheel hex fitment front and rear.
The DESC210R is an ultra-adjustable platform, designed to be tuned to any track or condition you can throw it at. The DESC210R includes more setup and tuning options in the box than any other 2WD Short Course Truck - here is just a small list of the features that make the DESC210R such a ground-breaking Truck:
- Rear anti-squat and toe adjustment
- Patent application (Nop: 2 486 513) gearbox design: allows mid- or rear-motor configurations where the motor can be set left-or right-handed, all within one gearbox housing
- Team Durango DNA - world class, race proven, engineering and design
- Team Durango Injection Molded Engineering Composite Chassis for enhanced chassis flex and superior traction and handling
- Team Durango Big Bore shock absorbers and composite shock towers
- Ball differential as standard with an optional gear diff available
- Team Durango styled Short Course Truck bodyshell
- Stick or saddle battery pack compatible
- Captured rear CVD driveshafts
- 15mm hex wheels front and rear
Length: 21.4" (544mm)
Width: 11.4" (290mm)
Wheelbase: 12.6" to 13.0" (321mm-329mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Weight: 70.5oz (2000g) (Approximate Race Ready Weight)
Needed to Complete:
- 540 Motor & ESC
- 2 Channel Radio System (minimum)
- HIgh Torque Steering Servo
- 2S LiPo
- 2.2/3.0 Short Course Truck Tires
- Silicone Shock Oil
- Paint for Body