This is a Kyosho MF-015 Mini-Z Chassis Set, with a Ferrari F10 #8 body. A fresh body and redesigned RC unit deliver the most realistic formula 1 racing experience ever. The 2.4GHz one-piece RA-23T receiver-amp control unit requires no frequency band crystals and features Chase Mode (Tiki Tiki Mode) that turns up the heat of racing excitement. When used with a compatible 3-channel transmitter (sold separately), the Chase Mode acts as a power limiter to restrict output to 70% of full throttle. However, when the opportunity presents itself, push the 3rd channel button and output is instantaneously increased to 100% for a 3-second burst of speed. Inspired by the boost button on full-size formula racing machines, this new feature dramatically increases the intensity of racing action! Restricting the maximum speed actually allows better driving lines and supports easier control, but once the overtake button is pushed, the machine surges forward! The lead can change numerous times during a race with much more overtaking for thrilling racing battles. Also, the Chase Mode can be set so the overtake button can only be used a certain number of times per machine (optional KYO82080/I.C.S. USB adapter and computer are required). This allows you to apply a handicapping system by restricting the number of speed bursts each car can use so beginners can compete on a more even footing with more experienced drivers.
Of course, the ASF 2.4GHz 2-channel transmitter for the MINI-Z Racer can be used and an optional gyro can also be installed. The gyro functions by evaluating the running posture of the model and automatically correcting the steering and throttle for smoother control making it easier to drive, especially for beginners. As this set is packaged without transmitter, it is ideal for existing owners of an ASF 2.4GHz MINI-Z Racer, making it economical as a 2nd or even 3rd model. With the power of technology in your hands, the advanced performance of this machine with Chase Mode promises the ultimate R/C formula racing experience.
What Is Chase Mode? Chase Mode limits power output to 70% of full throttle. When the moment comes to attack, a push of the 3rd channel button on the transmitter increases power output to 100% for 3-second burst of speed. This enables greater driving control and also adds the excitement of overtaking duels so drivers can enjoy nose to tail racing battles. Also, the number of power boosts can be set to apply a handicapping system to level the playing field for drivers of different experience levels. At the time of shipment, the overtake function is set to a maximum of 5 times per race.
What is ARR Chassis Set? An ARR Chassis Set is a semi-assembled chassis model that includes nearly everything you need to run. A Pre-painted body is included, so only consumables like batteries and a KT-18 transmitter #82001 are required so you can start operating the model without delay.
- Ferrari F1 Body: The body form captures the latest formula design and features. This highly detailed finish is consistent with regulations governing the full size racing machines.
- RA-24T: The 2.4Ghz RA-24T features Chase Mode to turbo boost your racing experience and requires no frequency crystal.
- Rear Suspension: The rear suspension features separate coil plus twin arm swing system, that provides superior surface maneuverability.
- King Pin: Features a king pin and coil suspension system up front, that delivers precise control.
- Heat Dissipation: An opening under the motor mount provides an efficient heat dissipation system.
- Bevel Gears: Bevel type gears produce a more stable cornering feel.
- ASF 2.4GHz: Equipped with the next generation 2.4GHz RC unit especially designed for the Mini Z F1. Which requires no frequency crystals, simply switch on the power and enjoy. The ASF 2.4GHz System Automatically scans for an open frequency and promises safer and more secure control.
- Standard Set Up: All kits are shipped with the standard setup and chase mode can be activated with a push of a single button. Other settings changes can be made by using I.C.S. USB adapter (sold separately).
Length: 199mm (7.8in)
Width: 82mm (3.2in)
Wheelbase: 130mm (5.1in)
Tread (F/R): 68mm / 66mm (2.6/2.5in)
Gear Ratio: 7.3, 6.3, 5.5, 4.9:1
Motor: X Speed Motor V
Needed to Complete:
- Semi-assembled chassis
- Completed body, finished with painting and affixed with decals.
- Black main chassis
- X Speed V Motor
- High Grip Tires F/40 R/20
- Removable clear bumper (IC Tag Compatible)
- 6T. 7T. 8T. 9T Pinion Gear
- Wheel wrench
- Pinion removing tools
- Pairing stick
**NOTE: Chase function may work with R246 2.4GHz module adapter but it's not guaranteed with transmitters other than Kyosho or KO Propo 3 Channel transmitters. Also the 2 Channel Kyosho KT-18 transmitter can be used, but will not allow the use of Chase Mode.
- 3 Channel transmitter for Mini Z compatible with ASF 2.4GHz (Recommended: Kyosho EX-5UR ASF Transmitter No. KYO82012) or compatible ASF 3 Channel KO Propo Transmitter. A Standard KT-18 Transmitter (KYO82001) will work but will not allow the use of Chase Mode.
- (4) AAA-size alkaline or NiMH batteries for chassis
- Batteries for transmitter
- I.C.S USB adapter (No.82080) for using ICS functions and Chase mode adjustments.