This is an optional JConcepts Anti Roll Bar Kit. This kit is used on the front and rear of the Associated SC10 and T4 vehicles, as well as the rear of the B4 vehicles. Having a fast, stable and race-able platform is the key to success. Control is everything, especially in truck racing where the center of gravity is high and the trucks are narrow in width. The JConcepts anti-roll-bar kit is the result of continuous driving on indoor, technical driving circuits which require the correct vehicle balance.
JConcepts, together with test drivers Brian Kinwald and Paul Wynn, found the pivot placement on the front and rear a-arms that provided the best performance, which became the basis for the design. The inner mounted locations place more emphasis on wire diameter and less mechanical advantage which provides the driver with a more finely tuned piece.
The front inner placement position (SC10 and T4) is located by a carbon fiber bracket that attaches to the front arm and shock assembly with included hardware. A mask template is provided to locate, mark and drill the rear inner placement position. From there, racers can choose from 3 different roll-bar wire diameters for the front and rear in 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6mm diameters. Suspension arm to roll-bar connections are made with the exclusive JConcepts molded open and closed ball-cups for proper length, positioning and ease of use.
The roll-bars are secured to the vehicle with a rotating quad bar mount which provides the hold for the pivoting action. Quad mounts can be rotated for different wire diameters which makes adjustments and changes extremely quick and simple. Drop-on the aluminum washers for the flat head screw installation and install the aluminum wire pivots and the anti-roll bar kit looks like a piece of fine craftsmanship ready for high-end racing.
The JConcepts anti-roll bar kit can also be used on the SC10.2 and T4.2 generation gull-wing front suspension by using the included components assembled in a different configuration. Follow the complete installation instructions on how to mount the anti-roll bar kit on vehicles such as the SC10, T4, B4 (rear), SC10.2 and T4.2.
Anti-roll bars explained:
When should you add an anti-roll bar kit to your vehicle?
- Anti-roll bars control left to right chassis roll which play a significant part in the handling and suspension activity on any vehicle. On a medium or high traction surface, anti-roll bars restrict the excessive upward arm movement which stabilizes the vehicle and reduces excess chassis roll. Having the ability to control the pressure on the outside and inside tire gives the driver another tuning option to assist in making the vehicle easy to drive providing even more comfort at high-speed.
- Chassis roll creates uneven traction on the inside and outside tires. A huge amount of force is placed on the outside tires, thus removing force on the inside tires. Excessive chassis roll unbalances the vehicle creating a vehicle that feels edgy; top heavy or hard to drive during hard cornering. The immediate answer in these conditions is the addition of an anti-roll bar.
- You should consider getting an anti-roll bar kit if you run on a smooth surface with high-traction. A sweeping turn or turns which load the outside of the vehicle heavily, causing an unsettled feeling or a feeling of a traction roll.
- Anti-roll bars on bumpy tracks don't allow your suspension to work independently, and make your vehicle difficult to drive so its necessary to assess the track conditions prior to setting the roll-bar diameter or overall importance.
- Carbon Fiber L&R front location brackets
- 3 different wire diameters front and rear. Black oxide coated, laser etched
- Quad roll-bar mounts, aluminum and blue anodized
- Aluminum countersunk washers for security
- Aluminum, blue anodized anti-roll bar wire pivots
- JConcepts exclusive molded ball-cups and open eyelets for pivoting connection
- Installation and starting setup sheet
- (2) Carbon Fiber L&R front location brackets
- (4) Aluminum and blue anodized quad bar mounts
- (3) Front anti-roll bar wire 1.2mm, 1.4mm and 1.6mm thickness
- (3) Rear anti-roll bar wire 1.2mm, 1.4mm and 1.6mm thickness
- (4) Aluminum, blue anodized anti-roll bar wire pivots
- (4) Aluminum, blue anodized flat head screw washers
- (4) Anti-roll bar ball-cup
- (4) Anti-roll bar eyelet
- (4) 4-40 x .200 ball-ends
- (2) 4-40 mini lock-nuts
- (2) 4-40 x 5/16 button head screws
- (2) 4-40 x 5/8 socket head screws
- (2) 4-40 x 3/4" flat head screws
- (2) 5-40 x 3/4" flat head screws
- (4) 4-40 x 1/8 set screws
- (2) 4-40 x 5/8 set screws (rear)
- (2) 4-40 x 3/4" set screws (front)
- (4) 3x7mm fiber washers