This is the Lucky 7 RC L7S5 .21 5-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine. Manufactured by Novarossi for Lucky 7, the L7 family of engines deliver performance that is anything but lucky. The L7S5 is the standard offering from Lucky 7 and is known for producing impressive power and fuel mileage at an affordable price.
- Sleeve: The sleeve has 5 transfer ports to supply a linear power output and to keep fuel consumption low.
- Piston: The material of this piston is chosen for its excellent strength to weight properties. The shape of the top of the piston uses "Compact Combustion Technology" Wish improved the efficiency of the engine. This piston is also milled from a single block which further increases the strength.
- Conrod: The R7 connecting rod is made from a super light weight aluminum which has been checked with an ultrasonic machine. The little turbulence inside the engine while running.
- Carburetor: This carburetor is made from plastic and has a sliding throttle valve (reverse type).
- Glowplug: The glowplug is a turbo type glowplug. Turbo glowplugs have a different shape than standard glowplugs and therefor are not interchangeable with engines that use standard glowplugs.
- Combustion Chamber: The combustion chamber is supported by an o-ring which is placed between the combustion chamber and the crankcase to reduce the vibrations of the combustion chamber.
- Cooling Head: This is a "lighter and lower evolution 2" type cooling head. It is drilled and milled out to reduce the mass of the cooling head which sits high up in the car and there by lowering the center of gravity of the engine/car.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is manufactured with a larger bore intake to increase the mixture flow, and has a special shape to optimize gas flow in the engine.
Recommended Glow Plugs:
- Novarossi C6TGC under 80°F
- Novarossi C7TGC over 80°F
Recommended Tuned Pipe:
- Buggy: Novarossi 2096 or 2099 and 41001 manifold
- Truggy: Novarossi 2096 or 2099 and 41005 manifold
RPM (max power): 34,000
Practical Range: 6,000 - 36,200 RPM
Bore x Stroke: 16.26 x 16.80mm
Sleeve: 5 ports
Rear Ball Bearing: Steel Novarossi
Front Ball Bearing: Steel Novarossi
Carburetor: Plastic - 9mm Reverse
Glowplug: Turbo (C6TGC)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Fuel Type: 30% Nitro
- (1) C6TGC Glowplug
- Dust protection caps
- 8mm, 7.5mm, 7mm and 6.5mm Venturis
- Lucky 7 sticker sheet
- Novarossi sticker sheet