This is the REDS Engines R5C .21 5-Port "Ceramic Edition" Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine. The R5C Racing engine guarantees performance with its combination of lightweight and incredible power delivery. Thanks to the the unique long needle composite carburetor, silicone ramped crankshaft, Swiss bearings and ABC piston/sleeve configuration the R5 is powerful, easy to tune and reliable.
This engine uses a majority of the same components found in the R5, but features a ceramic main bearing and DRC coated back plate for improved performance! Like the R5, the R5C produces an incredible amount of grunt and is a great choice for 1/8 scale truggys, or 1/8 buggies when you want massive power!
- High Performance Ceramic Rear Bearing: The engine includes Swiss Made ball bearings. The high quality ceramic rear bearing provides long life and reduced friction.
- DRC Coated Back Plate: The R5C back plate is finished with a special hard anti-friction DRC coating. This treatment reduces friction at the rod-cap, helping to improve efficiency and overall performance of the engine.
- Silicone Ramped Crankshaft: the silicone intake ramp helps reduce rotating mass.
- Carburetor: The R5C is equipped with the "Extra Long" idle needle, which improves fuel economy and guarantees a linear power output. This makes the engine very driveable and easy to handle on all terrain. The composite technology provides incredible carburetor stability.
- Lightweight: At 356 grams the REDS R5C is one of the lightest engines in its class. The engine has been designed to be lightweight, while maintaining high performance and reliability.
- Cooling System: The engine is designed for maximum cooling with an ultra-finned crankcase and a cooled combustion chamber.
- Flat Piston: REDS buggy engines use flat pistons matched to a specific combustion chamber for high performance and low fuel consumption. Made from a high strength aluminum bar, this piston is a true masterpiece of engineering.
- Ultra-Light Rod: Lightweight, durable and reliable, this is a quality connecting rod. The slim shape is designed to minimize aerodynamic friction. The double bushing technology ensures high reliability.
- Ceramic rear bearing
- DRC coated back plate
- Light weight, only 356g
- 5 Ports hard chromed liner
- CNC machined billet piston
- Separated and cooled combustion chamber
- 14mm silicone ramped crankshaft
- Knife edged aerodynamic connecting rod
- Long needle composite slide carburetor
- Includes T5C glow plug
Front Bearing: 7x19x6 Steel
Rear Bearing: 14x25.4x6 Ceramic
Recommended Pipe: EFRA 2034, 2069