This is the REDS Engines R5T .21 5-Port "Tuned" Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine. The R5T guarantees performance with its combination of light weight and incredible power delivery. Thanks to the the unique long needle composite carburetor, silicone ramped/tungsten slugged crankshaft, Swiss bearings and ABC piston/sleeve configuration the R5T is powerful, easy to tune and reliable.
The R5T features a 5-port sleeve with two exhaust boost ports, as well as a Mario Rossi tuned and balanced crankshaft! Additionally, the cooling head has been cross drilled to reduce weight, and the package includes a 6mm and 7mm venturi for additional tuning options. This is a great engine and is highly recommended when you want smooth power delivery and great run time.
- Balanced Crankshaft: The crank features two high density slugs to help improve the balance of the crank, and the silicone intake ramp helps reduce the rotating mass. Using special steel and heat treatment the crank is strong and reliable.
- 5-Port Sleeve with Boost Ports: The 5-port sleeve has been modified with two additional exhaust booster ports to provide improved power throughout the entire RPM range, while at the same time helping to minimize fuel consumption.
- Carburetor: The R5T is equipped with the "Extra Long" idle needle, which improves fuel economy and guarantees a linear power output. This makes the engine very driveable and easy to handle on all terrain. The composite technology provides incredible carburetor stability.
- Lightweight: At 348 grams the REDS R5T is one of the lightest engines in its class. The engine has been designed to be light weight, while maintaining high performance and reliability.
- Cooling System: The engine is designed for maximum cooling with an ultra-finned crankcase and a cooled combustion chamber.
- Flat Piston: REDS buggy engines use flat pistons matched to a specific combustion chamber for high performance and low fuel consumption. Made from a high strength aluminium bar, this piston is a true masterpiece of engineering.
- Ultra-Light Rod: Lightweight, durable and reliable, this is a quality connecting rod. The slim shape is designed to minimize aerodynamic friction. The double bushing technology ensures high reliability.
- Lightweight, only 348g
- 5 Ports + Booster hard chromed liner
- 14mm silicone ramped and tungsten balanced crankshaft
- CNC machined billet piston
- Separated and cooled combustion chamber
- Lightweight cross drilled cooling head
- Knife edged aerodynamic connecting rod
- Swiss Made ball bearings
- Long needle composite slide carburetor
- Includes T5C glow plug
- Includes 6mm and 7mm red anodized venturi's
Front Bearing: 7x19x6 Steel
Rear Bearing: 14x25.4x6
Recommended Pipe: EFRA 2034, 2069