This is the O.S. Engines 21XZ-R Speed Competition On-Road Engine. There's a revolution brewing in 1/8 scale racing. The 21XZ-R Speed picks up where the original left off, ready to deliver dominating on-road performance with race winning fuel economy. The included 21M carb is unmatched for smooth, linear acceleration.
The 21XZ-R Speed pushes horsepower even higher for an added edge at the highest levels of competition, with a silicone-filled, tungsten slugged DLC coated crankshaft for optimum balance and minimum vibration. Think of the 21XZ-R Speed as a 21XZ-R VII on steroids. It wowed the crowd at the 1/8 Scale On-Road Worlds in Miami, Florida, when team drivers turned in 4th & 5th place finishes with production models. It offers the same fuel-stretching mileage as the XZ-R VII, but with even more aggressive timing for added horsepower and the fastest lap times you've ever thrown down.
- Silicone-filled crankshaft is balanced with tungsten weights for optimum balance and minimum vibration.
- DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coated crankshaft for reduced friction and enhanced performance.
- A 1-piece crankcase and 21M slide-valve carb for smoother transitions and higher top-end speeds.
- Redesigned 21M carburetor for improved fuel economy.
- ABC cylinder liner with 7 scavenger ports and three exhaust ports for maximum combustion and timing efficiency.
- Lightened, machined piston to reduce rotating mass, with a balanced knife-edge conrod and DLC-coated piston pin to further reduce wear.
Displacement: 0.212 cu in (3.49 cc)
Bore: 0.640 in (16.27mm)
Stroke: 0.661 (16.8mm)
Practical RPM: 4,000-45,000
Output: 2.76 hp @ 33,000
Weight: 12.1 oz (343 g)
- RP7 Turbo glow plug
- Exhaust seal ring
- 0.01 & 0.02mm cylinder head gaskets
- 9mm carb venturi
- Flywheel collet
- Exhaust, carb and fuel nipple dust caps