This is the Novak Impact Brushless ESC Combo, with an included 17.5 Turn Ballistic Spec motor (click here for motor info), and updated Super Tuner firmware. Novak Electronics is introducing the smallest, most complete and feature-packed brushless ESC to date− the Impact Racing Brushless ESC with X-Drive. This sensor-based brushless racing ESC is designed to accommodate the extreme demands of electric 2WD 1/10th scale off-road racing, the tight confines of 1/12th pan car racing, and is perfect for nearly all 1S and 2S LiPo racing classes. The Impact features Novak’s X-Drive for ultimate driving performance, and Novak’s Super-Tuner firmware for faster set-up changes and more adjustability than ever before. Drivers on the search for the next-generation, small racing ESC, look no further than the Novak Impact!
NOTE: Click here for details on the Super Tuner Interface and detailed programming information.
A new level of small size and performance has been achieved. The Impact is significantly smaller than standard racing ESCs and fits into any vehicle─ including the tight-fitting spaces of the TLR® 22 2WD Racing Buggy™ (as pictured), Durango® DEX210 2WD Buggy™, or 1/12th scale vehicles. The Impact’s small size opens up new installation options and placement choices never thought of with standard-size speed controls.
You race to win. So why install a controller in your vehicle that is not up for the challenge? The Impact uses high quality and rugged components to ensure your vehicle keeps running pack after pack.
- Full-Coverage Heat Sink: For proper heat dissipation, the Impact features a full-coverage heat sink that is cross-cut and makes direct contact with all 24, ultra-low RDS-on, dual-cool power MOSFETs. Whether you are doing extended practice runs, or in a wheel-to-wheel battle, the heat sink is the first line of defense against heat build-up. Additionally, the heat sink is designed to accommodate the included cooling fan.
- Designed to Last: A silicone-gasket between the case and PCB provides protection against dirt, debris and moisture. The Impact is built to take the abuse that racing can dish out.
- Heavy-Duty, High-Power PCB: The Impact uses an extremely small, but shockingly heavy-duty PCB that is embedded with thick, pure-copper traces to ensure your ESC performs at its best with minimal losses.
- Ready to install: The Impact comes factory-wired with 14-gauge silicone battery and motor power wires that are easy to replace for factory-like, re-wire jobs. These power wires don’t just have a 14 printed on them─ they are top-quality, Novak Super-Flex wires.
- Equipped with Novak X-Drive™: Novak X-Drive™ will provide incredibly smooth throttle response while maintaining an extremely connected and controlled feel. This motor-firing technology has been taking the racing world by storm and is now included in the smallest, completely race-ready ESC on the market. No competition ESC is complete without Novak X-Drive!
Novak’s All-New Super Tuner™ Interface
To deliver unmatched performance and usability in the high-end ESC category, Novak engineers developed enhanced, on-board programming to ensure that customizing and tuning the Impact to your racing style has never been easier. With Novak’s Super Tuner™ firmware, nothing extra is needed, and making changes trackside is a snap! Gone are the days of special boxes, programmers, or lugging your expensive laptop to the dusty track. Novak’s Super Tuner firmware features a modern menu system that is accessed with the ESC’s programming button and 5 different-colored LEDs. Over a dozen parameters are adjustable including Start and End RPM values that use a unique table system that spans the entire usable ranges. Dynamic Timing Advance™ can be adjusted in 1-degree increments, or jump to 10-degree steps. The tuning options are endless!
Added Protection and Enhanced Error Monitoring:
- Low-Voltage Protection: A low-voltage LiPo protection segment monitors the Li-Po pack’s voltage thousands of times per second and prevents the pack from ever falling below the critical safety voltage.
- Thermal Protection: The ESC keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will back down its power to prevent the ESC from overheating.
- On-Board Temperature Diagnostics: With a quick tap of the One-Touch button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the ESC is for instant temperature information.
- Error Sensing: Sampling has been expanded to provide additional feedback via multi-colored LEDs, allowing for quicker trouble-shooting.
- Motor Lock-Up Protection: If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
- Hall Effect Sensor Test: This built-in test allows you to confirm that your motor’s sensors and sensor harness are in good working order.
The Impact Racing Brushless ESC is compatible with all popular 2-pole, 540-size sensored brushless motors like Novak’s Premium Ballistic Spec and Ballistic Racing Brushless Motors. All Novak Ballistic motors feature adjustable timing and interchangeable components for full customization, cleaning, and repairability.
Novak Built and Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Impact Racing ESC is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team. The hunt for the perfect small-size racing ESC has come to an end. Look no further and prepare to make an
Impact at your track and on the podium! Unlock the true potential of your vehicle with incredible power, performance, and reliability! The Novak Impact Racing Brushless ESC with X-Drive (#1730) is scheduled for
- Full-featured racing ESC ideal for all forms of 1/10th scale 2WD off-road and on-road racing, 1/12th scale racing, and popular 1S and 2S LiPo classes.
- Novak Super Tuner™ firmware with multiple on-board adjustable settings for quick and complete custom tuning:
- Drive Tuning: Dynamic Timing Advance, RPM (Start/Final/Range), Drive Frequency, and Minimum Drive
- Brake Tuning: Brake Frequency, Drag Brake, and Minimum Brake
- Additional Tuning: Deadband, Reverse Disable, and LiPo Protection (On/Off)
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specs; includes blinking white LED for non-timing racing events
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
- Dynamic Timing Advance™ increases the motor’s RPM dynamically through the throttle band for higher speeds
- Auto-detect LiPo battery protection circuitry automatically detects the battery voltage (1S/2S) and reduces the power as needed to protect the batteries from going below the safety voltage
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed drivability
- Compact and lightweight design
- Water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Low-profile, cross-cut heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Cooling fan included with plug-in harness
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated, direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses, and motor sensor harness
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe.
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo / 4-6-cell NiMH
Size: 1.15x0.95x0.79” (29x24.3x20mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.75 oz. (21.3 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0004 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-size sensored brushless motor (2 pole); Limit TBA
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Novak Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored, on-board