This is the Novak M2 Dig ESC & Dual Terra Claw Brushed Crawler Combo. Picture the functionality and utility of two Novak Goat Crawler Speed Controls in brushed mode and Novak’s Dig Unit; now, envision it in one highly programmable, inexpensive speed control and you get the revolutionary M2 Dig 3S ESC / Dual Terra Claw Brushed Motor Combo! This first-of-its-kind, dual-motor compatible speed control – the M2 Dig 3S Dual Brush ESC (NOV1846) has been combined with two 55 Turn Terra Claw Crawling Brush Motors (NOV3556). This controller combines 6 adjustable parameters with its revolutionary performance including a separated drag brake and dig function.
With only the addition of two brushed crawler motors, the M2 Dig controls both motors and performs dig maneuvers. In addition to the standard Dig Mode, the M2 features a Proportional Dig Mode which allows you to dial-in partial Dig Power on the fly for even finer control and precise maneuverability through tricky terrain. It also features an exceptional control on steep inclines and descents. Plus, the built-in electronic Dig Power is independently adjustable from the Hill/Drag Braking. Plus, this truly unique speed control supports both 2S and 3S LiPo!
Because of its unique features, the M2 Dig 3S is matchless when used in Motor-On-Axle vehicles, exceeding the performance of traditional two-system setups. The M2 ESC is also compatible with other dual-MOA vehicles, such as EnRoute’s Berg, RC4WD's 1/10 Bully Competition Rock Crawler, and Clod Buster-based MOA vehicles.
The compact M2 Dig ESC is easy to install and operate. There are three fully programmable throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode and Single Output Mode.
In addition to crawling applications, the M2 Dig 3S ESC is ideal for applications that require two motors, such as robots, boats, tanks and submarines. The powerful speed control also comes equipped with instant reverse via Novak’s Zero Reverse Delay, which provides immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse directions.
- Proportional Dig Mode: This completely original mode uses a transmitter's third channel that is proportional (button or dial), allowing drivers to vary the amount of Dig Power being applied to the motor. This innovative feature provides seemingly endless fine tuning of the Dig for the ultimate vehicle control.
- Dig Mode: This is the default setting, and uses Dig Power (independent of Drag Brake) to lock one motor at a time. This mode requires a proportional switch or a simple three-position switch to operate.
- Single Output Mode: This is for applications with single motors or operation without a 3-channel transmitter. In this mode all four motor power wires can be soldered to one brush motor for higher performance, or connect two motors and control them both at the same time.
NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY
Like Novak’s Electronic Dig Unit (NOV5450), the M2 Dig 3S ESC does not require any vehicle modifications to install or operate. Simply plug it into any three-channel surface receiver, and you’re ready to crawl! This ESC is not only easy to install into a vehicle, but it possesses countless features on its own! Compared with a Dual ESC setup, the M2 allows racers to use top of the line crawling technology with just one speed control.
The M2 Dig 3S ESC is easily programmed into most three-channel transmitters, such as the Spektrum DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio, Airtronics' M8 and M11 R/C Radios, as well as the Traxxas TQ-3 Transmitter*
Novak’s affordable Terra Claw Crawling Brushed Motor provides precise movement control, and exceptional torque and long-run times due to the motor’s high-turn count. Additionally, the Terra Claw is extremely durable, ensuring many smooth and maintenance-free crawling seasons. The M2 Dig is also compatible with Novak’s Rock Star Expert Crawling Brush Motors, which are available in 35T, 45T and 55T motor winds (NOV3537-NOV3557).
*NOTE: As of October 1, 2011, the M2 Dig 3S ESC is no longer compatible with the NovaLink PC Programmable interface.
M2 DIG 3S ESC/DUAL TERRA CLAW BRUSH COMBO FEATURES:
M2 DIG 3S ESC/DUAL TERRA CLAW BRUSH COMBO SPECS:
- Fully programmable, user-friendly interface with five adjustable parameters: Drag Brake (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings) and Battery Type Selection (3 settings – Li-Po, Li-Fe and NiMH)
- Three throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode and Single Output Mode
- Independently powers the front or rear motors in a dual-motor crawler vehicle
- Operates on both 2S and 3S applications
- Instant reverse via Novak's Zero Reverse Delay providing immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse.
- Internal high-voltage 5-Amp Linear BEC
- Universal JST Input Plug for Ch.2 and Ch. 3, which fits all popular brand receivers
- Water-resistant case with gasket seal
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Features a set of power output pins for running cooling fans, auxiliary lights, scale winches, etc.
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, Calif.
Input Voltage: 2-3S Li-Po/Li-Fe cells or 4-9 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
On-Resistance (dual motor): 0.0016 ohm. at 25 degrees C trans. temp.
On-Resistance (single motor): 0.0008 ohm. at 25 degrees C trans. temp.
ESC Footprint: 1.16” x 1.47” (29.5 x 37.3 mm)
ESC Weight (w/o wires): 1.30 oz. (36.9g)
Motor Limit: 27-turn (2S), 33-turn (3S) 540-sized dual brushed motors
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps
Status LEDs: 4 on-board; 2 external
Voltage Cut-Off: 6.25V (2S Li-Po), 4.75V (2S Li-Fe), 9.75V (3S Li-Po) & 7.125V (3S Li-Fe) (when Li-Poly Cut-Off Circuitry is enabled)
Power Wires: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire