This is the Novak Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC/Ballistic 550 Motor Combo, with an included 12 tooth, 32 pitch pinion gear, and is intended for use with the Associated SC10 4x4. The Havoc Pro SC Brushless ESC is the first speed control specifically designed to meet the rigors of short course racing. In fact, it includes everything any short course enthusiast could ever want in a speed control: It boasts electronic timing, on-board programming with 14 adjustable parameters, a brand new braking system, and it comes with the most powerful short course motor available. Stop your search here; Novak has the short course system for you!
- What is Novak’s X-Drive? This new update significantly improves the throttle feel and response. It also reduces the ESC’s operating temperatures for more efficient operation. Team drivers, test drivers, and customers who have run the Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons to their original ESC have all noticed an incredibly smooth feel, improved drivability, lower temperatures, and overall higher performance resulting in faster lap times and longer run times.
- How Does Novak’s X-Drive Work? Simple. The switching speeds of the ESC’s transistors have been drastically increased. Speeds of this nature have not been considered until now. Novak engineers have developed this exclusive firmware and hardware update that permit the Havoc Pro SC to have the absolute best response times and switching speeds.
SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SHORT COURSE
Novak has piled on numerous new features to completely reinvent the Havoc Pro SC. From its smaller case and new cross-cut heat sink to its completely redesigned software, you won’t even recognize it! Among the Havoc Pro SC’s many new features is its Dynamic Timing Advance™. This electronic motor-timing feature has eight adjustable timing settings and increases the motor RPM dynamically throughout the throttle band. The additional RPM, in turn, results in higher speeds and improved speed control performance. Moreover, Novak added a timing indicator LED, which will illuminate white whenever timing is activated. This feature will help aid club racing events that run timing and non-timing events.
To combat overheating while timing advance is activated, Novak has upgraded its Thermal Overload Protection™ feature. If the ESC starts to overheat, the speed control will turn off the timing advance. If ESC’s temperature continues to rise, a second thermal-protection feature will engage. This feature drops the speed control’s power to 25 percent, so drivers can safely maneuver their vehicle off of the track. This refined protection feature is exclusive to Novak’s newest sensored speed controls, like the Havoc Pro SC.
On top of that, Novak is introducing a temperature indicator that alerts racers of their ESC’s temperature after each run. This indicator is so accurate that many racers use it in place of a temperature gun. A quick tap on the One Touch™ button at the end of a run will display the speed control’s temperature via a blinking LED.
Another feature that originated with Novak’s design team is the patent-pending NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous braking under any timing condition. Additionally, the brake response is incredibly smooth and immediate at any speed or throttle position, ridding the ESC of brake delay. In short, this new braking system has completely transformed the feel, response and use of traditional brakes.
Combined with the NovaBrakes™, Novak has refined the Havoc Pro SC’s brake and drive frequency settings, and added a brake end point adjustment to provide drivers with unparalleled brake and throttle tuning options. The brake and drive frequency settings allow users to experiment with a softer or heartier brake and throttle input.
Additionally, Novak has equipped the Havoc Pro SC with a Hall Sensor Test™. When activated, this test quickly verifies if the sensor harness and sensor in the motor are functioning properly without any risk to the ESC or motor. This Hall Sensor Test is an invaluable tool when troubleshooting at the race track.
IT’S 550 OR NOTHING
Novak’s 550-sized motors are a powerful complement to the sophisticated Havoc Pro SC. The Ballistic 550s are so dominant because of their extra long stator and rotor magnet. In fact, the stator and rotor magnet are twice the length of 540-sized motors, giving them twice the torque of an equivalent 540 motor. Additionally, these larger-sized motors run cooler and more efficiently than their 540 counterparts. On top of that, the Ballistic 550s are allowed by ROAR for 4WD Short Course racing. And like the Ballistic name implies, these motors are completely rebuildable and feature interchangeable wound stator construction.
Havoc Pro SC System Features:
- Updated with Novak X-Drive™ for enhanced throttle response, ultra-smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures.
- Multiple adjustable parameters via on-board programming: Minimum Brake (0-30%), Drag Brake (0-30%), Minimum Drive (0-15%), Timing Level (0-42°), Timing Set Point (19,500-4,000), Dead Band (2-8%), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (1.67-13.7 KHz), Brake End Point (10-100%), Drive Frequency (16-7 KHz), Reverse, Motor Rotation, Voltage Cut-Off, Hall Sensor Test
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any timing condition
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Allowed by ROAR for 4WD Short Course racing
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring to quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time.
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with five colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control’s settings
- Robust 3-amp BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Highly water-resistant case
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po cells, 2S Li-Fe cells or 4-6 Ni-MH cells (1.2V/cell)
ESC Footprint: 1.16x1.47” (29.5x37.3 mm)
Weight (without wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6 g)
Motor Limit: All 3.5-turn (540-sized) and all 4.5-turn (550-sized) sensored brushless motors
On-Resistance (brushless): 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Status LEDs: 5
Power Wires: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Number of turns: 4.5T
Design: Sensor-based (compatible with any sensored brushless ESC, such as Havoc Pro, GTB & Havoc 3S)
Input Voltage: 2S-3S Li-Po (#3504 & #3505)
Magnet: One-piece, multi-pole Neodymium
Watts: 890 (#3504)
Kv (unloaded): 5,000 (#3504)
Motor size: 2.84”, 72.1mm (length); 1.41”, 35.8mm (diameter)
Shaft diameter: 5mm
Motor weight: 10.1 oz. (286.3 grams)
NOTE: Although some Ballistic 550 motors can be run on 3S, these Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 550 systems can only be run on 2S.