This is the Castle Creations Sidewinder 1/10 Scale Short Course Brushless Package. Castle has done it again. The new Sidewinder SCT combo is designed for domination in short course racing truck classes. It's ideal for upgrading 2WD and 4WD 1/10 scale short course trucks to quality brushless power.
The Sidewinder SCT controller offers a 40% increase in power handling over the previous Sidewinder 1/10 but keeps the same great Sidewinder affordability and reliability. The 4 pole 1410 1Y motor offers 50% more torque than Castle's CM36 series motors of similar kv, and the included CC Blower fan and shroud will help to keep your motor cool so you can run with the big boys.
The Sidewinder SCT is ready to run out of the box, but it is completely Castle Linkô compatible, so drivers can use their Castle Link and Windows PC to tune and tweak all their favorite settings such as brake and throttle curves, throttle response, drag brake and many other parameters that add up to an incredible RC driving experience.
NOTE: This ESC will require a firmware update in order to be compatible with Airtronics 92424 and 92425 receivers, as well as Futaba R153F receivers.
- The ESC boasts 40% more power handling capability than the original Sidewinder.
- The ESC has proportional brake, reverse with lockout and programmable low voltage cutoff with Auto LiPo Detect set as the default.
- Four magnets on the rotor give a 20% increase in torque over most other motors in this class (most motors in this class are two-pole).
- High quality CNC-rated Japanese bearings.
- ROAR-approval pending.
Cells: Controller and motor max 2S. Controller alone with motor of lower KV max = 3S.
Reversible: May be set with reverse lockout for racing.
Low Voltage Cutoff: Programmable
ESC Dimensions (LxWxH): 1.8x1.4x0.9" (46x35x23mm)
Weight w/Wires: 2.2 oz (62.4 g)
Connector Type: Motor connected to controller with 4mm bullets (Installed)
ROAR Approval: Pending
- Castle 1410 1y 3800 kV brushless motor
- Sidewinder SCT electronic speed control
- CC blower fan shroud for 36 mm motors