Novak's Ballistic Spec Brushless Motors are completely rebuildable, right down to the hardware. In fact, only one motor is necessary to compete in all spec class races. Simply pick your class of choice, and install the necessary color-coded, hand-wound stator. Each stator includes a factory-installed insert that easily identifies the number of motor winds.
Each Ballistic Spec motor is identified by a color-coded insert affixed to the stator, located below the heavy-duty solder tabs.
To complete the racing package, this next-generation spec motor series contains an easy-to-adjust timing assembly that alters the RPM range and retains previous user settings, allowing for strategic and smart spec racing. Additionally, these sleek motors are built to ROAR/IFMAR specifications, boast a removable shielded sensor harness, and contain a 12.3mm nickel-plated sintered Neodymium rotor for maximum motor acceleration, braking power and performance in high-temperature conditions.
SPEED CONTROL COMPATIBILITY
All Ballistic Spec motors are compatible with Novak's GTB Programmable Racing Brushless/Brush ESC), the SLYDR Brushless ESC, the Havoc 3S Brushless/Brush ESC and other racing brushless sensored speed controls. Combined, the Ballistic motors and Novak's programmable speed controls create high-performance systems for world-class spec racing.
THE NOVAK STANDARD
Like all Novak brushless motors, the Ballistic Spec Brushless Motors are designed, tested and built at the Novak facility in Irvine, Calif. Each motor stator is hand-wound for maximum copper fill and individually tested under Novak’s strict parameters, including measuring the resistance of each coil to ensure the correct number of turns. The motors are also tuned to the same factory timing, run under a simulated load, dyno tested, and electronically weighed to ensure the best product is sent to customers.
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Oversized front bearing [1/2” x 3/16” (12.7 x 4.8mm)] for increased load handling and bearing life
- Rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve and both end bells
- Nickel-plated, 12.3mm sintered Neodymium rotor with a 0.125” pinion shaft that accepts all existing pinion gears
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty