This is the Novak Goat 3S electronic speed control. Novak’s Goat is back and more versatile than ever. The Goat 3S Crawler Brushless/Brush ESC is one of the few crawling-specific, sensored speed controls available and is packed with dozens of features to preserve its superiority on the rock-crawling course. It has the ability to run on either two or three-cell Li-Po batteries, which the speed control automatically detects through Novak’s auto-detect software. This feature allows users to run a wider range of batteries and bestows the Goat 3S with even more power than the original 2S Li-Po Goat Crawler ESC. Additionally, one of its three profiles is specific for worm-drive vehicles – such as Losi’s® 1/10-Scale Comp Crawler Race Roller™ and Kyosho’s® Rock Force 2.2™ – which do not require electronic drag brakes.
Though the Goat 3S offers dozens of customizing opportunities, its completely programmable interface is preset to excel in any crawler rig, whether it be worm-drive or standard vehicles. Simply install it, push the One-Touch button and the Goat 3S will easily maneuver through any terrain. The powerful speed control also comes equipped with instant reverse via Novak’s Zero Reverse Delay, which provides immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse directions. Additionally, the Goat 3S’s third profile features a fully programmable brushed motor option to allow motor experimentation and reduce overall cost.
The Goat 3S ESC is compatible with Novak’s new Crawler 13.5T Brushless Motor (#3414), Crawler 18.5 and 21.5 Brushless Motors (#3419 & #3420), and the Forty-Five and Fifty-Five Crawler Brushed Motors (#3545 & # 3555). But the versatility doesn’t end there, attach a Novak SS Pro motor and the Goat 3S will operate the same as Novak’s speedy Havoc 3S with forward, brake and reverse settings.
- Fully programmable, user-friendly interface with six adjustable parameters: Drag Brake (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (5 settings), Drive Frequency in brush mode (7 settings), Li-Po Cut-Off and Reverse Motor Rotation
- No external programming device necessary
- Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter setup
- Water-resistant case with gasket seal
- Sensor-based for excellent braking and low-speed driveability
- Four status LEDs for easy programming and trouble shooting
- Auto Detect Brushed Motor Mode
- Locked Rotor Detection and Thermal Overload Protection
Input Voltage: 2-3S Li-Po cells or 4-9 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
Motor Limit: 13.5-turn (2S Li-Po) & 18.5-turn (3S Li-Po) Novak 540-size sensored brushless; 27-turn (2S Li-Po) & 33-turn (3S Li-Po) 540-sized brush motor
Weight: 1.50 oz. (42.6 g)
BEC Voltage: 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps