This is the 5 amp, 6.5V Lithium Polymer (Li-Poly) and Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) voltage regulator from MuchMore Racing. Its time to toss your old, bulky, and heavy NiCD or NiMH receiver battery. This handy regulator will allow you to power your receiver and servos with a lithium polymer battery. Not only will you save weight over a comparable NiMH battery system it will also create longer run times and constant power. This regulator will provide constant 6.5 volts throughout the charge, unlike a 5-cell NiCD or NiMH battery, which will drop from 6.0 fully charged, to less than 5.0 volts near the end of the pack! If your battery's voltage is changing, so is the servos' speed, torque, and performance. Note: If you plan to run Li-Ion or Li-Poly reciever packs in your vehicles, you MUST use some kind of regulator to avoid over powering your servos!
Below are the advantages of running a regulator with a Li-Poly receiver pack in your vehicles:
1) Constant voltage to servos for perfectly consistent feel and performance for your steering and throttle servos. This is due to the regulator maintaining a constant 6.5 volts throughout the life of the battery packs, at up to 6 peak and 5 amps constant current draw (that is a lot of amps!). With typical NiMh batteries, as soon as there is a large current draw from your servos (steering, braking etc) the supplied voltage drops which will cause a change in the speed and holding power of your servos. Effectively this slows down your servos and makes them less powerful, right when you need it most!
2) Improved runtime. Due to the regulated nature of the battery voltage, a 7.4V nominal Li-Poly battery regulated to 6.5V will have close to 15% more capacity than the equivalent 6.0V nominal NiMH battery, with improved servo speed and performance!
3) Reduced overall weight of your race car. Li-Poly batteries are considerably lighter for the same capacity as NiMH batteries, even with the added weight of a regulator.
4) No self discharge over time, so you can charge it now and use two weeks later!
- Input Voltage: 6.5 - 8.4 volts DC
- Constant Current: 5.0A
- Max Current: 6.0A
- Output Voltage: 6.5V
- Size: 17x37x7mm
- Weight: 9.8 grams
- Recommended For: 1/10th trucks, 1/8 buggies and 1/8 truggies