This is the Bantam E-Station BC6HP NiCd/NiMH/LiIo/LiPo/LiFe/Pb Balancing Charger. The e-Station BC6HP is a rapid charger/discharger with integrated balancing circuit, which is computerized with a high performance microprocessor and specialized operating software. This high-performance rapid charger/discharger provides 250watts of charging power with the installed firmware upgradeable via USB PC link and includes a temperature sensor. With charge current up to 10A, discharge current up to 7A, 1 to 6 series of LiIo/LiPo/LiFe, 1 to 18 cells of NiCd/NiMH, 2 to 24V of Lead-acid (Pb) batteries.
Included Balance Connection Board
The e-Station BC6HP includes the 2S through 6S balance board for JST-XH balance taps. Optional balance taps include EAC129 for Thunderpower / Flight Power, EAC123 for Hyperion / Polyquest, and EAC128 for Kokam / Graupner.
Every operating program in the unit is controlled with mutual links and communications to prevent every possible error. Maximum safety, such as input voltage warning, reverse polarity protection and Lithium cell-count input error, ect are a built-in safety features. The entire firmware can be upgraded via USB from internet download at our web page, when available. The optional EAC400 Software/USB graphing kit is required.
High-power and high-performance circuit
The e-Station BC6HP employs a high powered circuit that has maximum output power of 250Watts. As a result, it can charge or discharge up to 18 cells of NiCd/NiMH and 6 series of Lithium batteries with maximum current of 10A. Furthermore, the cooling system is so efficient that can hold power without any trouble of over heating the circuit or the operating program.
Individual voltage balancer for Lithium batteries
The e-Station BC6HP has an individual cell voltage balancer built in. So no additional balancer is required when charging Lithium batteries (LiIo/LiPo/LiFe) for cell/voltage balancing.
Accept various types of Lithium battery
The e-Station BC6HP can accept three types of Lithium batteries - LiIo, LiPo and LiFe (A123). They have different characteristics by their chemistry. For their specifications, refer 'Warnings and safety notes' section.
Lithium battery 'Fast' and 'Storage' mode
You can charge Lithium battery for special purposes. 'Fast' charge reduces the charging time of Lithium battery by adjusting the CV rate to terminate early and 'Storage' mode controls the final voltage of the battery to be suit for long time storage.
- Delta-peak sensitivity : The automatic charge termination program works on the principle of the Delta-peak voltage detection. (NiCd/NiMH)
- Auto-charge current limit : When charging NiCd or NiMH at 'AUTO' current mode, you can set the upper limit of charge current to avoid from feeding high current to the battery. This is very useful when charging the low impedance and small capacity NiMH battery in 'AUTO' mode.
- Capacity limit : The charging capacity is calculated by multiple of the charging current and time. If the charging capacity exceeds the limit the process will be terminated automatically when you set the maximum value.
- Temperature limit : The temperature of the battery on charging will rise by its internal chemical reaction. If you set the limit of temperature the process will be expired forcibly when the limit has been reached. Reqjires optional EAC110 termperature probe.
- Processing time limit : You can also restrain the maximum processing time to prevent from any possible over charge.
- Input power monitor : To protect the car battery using as input power from being damaged, its voltage always being monitored. If it drops below the lower limit the process will be ended automatically.
- Automatic cooling fan : The electric cooling fan comes into action automatically only when the internal temperature of the unit is raised.
For convenience, The e-Station BC6HP can store maximum 10 data of different batteries. You can set the selected program of the battery to charge or discharge. This data can be recalled at any time you require.
PC based analysis using USB communication
For technical expert, BC6HP offers PC based program can analysis the characteristic of the battery by USB port. It shows a graph of voltage, current, capacity and temperature curves. It also shows the individual voltage of each cell in the Lithium battery pack. The optional EAC400 Software/USB graphing kit is required.
Input Power Requirements
When the charger runs on its maximum power, the input power should be enough to run the charger safely and effectively. If the input voltage is lower than 11.0V, the charger may be shut down or limited by its circuit power. To utilize the chargerís maximum power, the input power source should have good power above 15V and 35A. If the input voltage is lower than 12V, the chargerís charging power can be limited by 200W.